This course can help you get comfortable working with Mac OS X Mavericks, while demystifying what an operating system is and how it works. Your tutor will show you how to navigate the OS X interface; open and organize files and applications with Finder, the Macintosh "filing cabinet"; and set up your Apple ID and iCloud accounts and sync your data with multiple computers and iOS devices. He also shows how to run the most popular Mac OS X applications, including iChat, Maps, Safari, and iTunes, and install new ones from the App Store. Plus, learn how to back up your Mac and make sure you don't lose a single bit of data.
New Features include:
- Maps: Features, Flyover, Local Search and Send to IOS.
- Improved Calendar: Week View, New Inspector and Month View.
- Safari improvements: Top sites, Sidebar and Shared Links.
- iCloud Keychain.
- Multiple Displays.
- Notifications Improvements.
- Finder: Tabs and Tags.
- Installing and running Mavericks for the first time
- Connecting to the Internet
- Browsing through folders in the Finder
- Launching and managing applications
- Saving and searching for files
- Setting up iCloud and Apple ID accounts
- Browsing the web with Safari
- Using Mail, Calendar, and Contacts
- Messaging with iChat and Facetime
- Installing apps
- Sharing files and printer over a local network
- Backing up your Mac